July 17, 2013
No one wants to pack their full cosmetic collection and the last thing anyone wants to do on vacation is apply makeup. Here’s how you can achieve an easy look with just a few steps and a few products!
What to pack…
1. Tinted Moisturizer: Natura Bisse The Cure Sheer Cream
2. Matte Bronzer: Laura Mercier Matte Baked Powder
3. Mascara: Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara
4. Eyeliner: Too Faced 3 Way Lash Lining Tool
5. Lip Tint: Fresh Sugar Honey Lip Treatment
Steps to take…
1. Apply tinted moisturizer; blend on face and neck. Natura Bisse’s Cure Sheer Cream is color-enhanced moisturizer with spf.
2. Dust bronzer on your forehead, cheekbones and on your eyelids. Choose a matte bronzer in a shade or two darker than your skin-tone. Matte powders help eliminate shine.
3. Use the Too Faced 3 Way right on the top lash-line. This makes your eyes pop and accentuates the lashes.
4. Take a tissue to the mascara wand before applying. This gives a more natural look. When it comes to summer waterproof is always a good choice!
5. Apply your lipstick! Fresh Sugar Honey is the perfect nude tint and it has SPF too!
Categorised in: fresh, laura mercier, makeup, makeup tip, natura bisse, too faced
May 13, 2013
Cristi, Lizzie and Andria share some of the products they use everyday, in makeup and skincare.
As you can see I’m a junkie- my portfolio contains the things I use almost every day and don’t leave home without!
1. Hourglass Eye Shadow Duo in Lagoon – for a fun pop once in a while!
2. Hourglass#7 Brush – my FAVORITE brush ever.
3. Laura Mercier Creme Eyeliner in Violet – to amp up the eyeliner volume at night.
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light – love how this makes my skin look; soft and diffused!
5. Laura Mercier Eye Canvas#2 – acts as a concealer for my eyelids and holds my shadow on all day!
6. Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Tinted Balm – perfect coverage with skincare properties.
7. Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #2
8. Laura Mercier Blonde Eyebrow Pencil
9. Hourglass Eyeshadow Duo in Suede – They are great every day neutrals.
10. Keyvn Aucoin Defining Purple Eyeliner – pops the green in my eyes.
11. Laura Mercier Eye Color in Blue Marine Tightline, American Coffee and Sandstone.
12. to 19. My must have brushes!
20. to 24. These are the Lip Glosses I can’t live without. I have a duplicate collection in my handbag!
25. Natura Bisse Diamond White SPF 50 – For every day protection.
26. Tracie Martyn Alma Cleanser – It takes everything off and protects from breakouts.
27. SkinCeuticals Pholretin CF – An Essential!
28. Natura Bisse’s Inhibit Tensolift – I’m trying to hold off on botox by using this every day.
29. and 30. Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme and Diamond Eye Cream
31. Lina Hansen Global Face Serum – It’s a blend of precious oils. I use this over or under my moisturizer or mix a bit in with my foundation for a healthy dewy glow.
1. Clarisonic Pro–I keep it in the shower b/c the handheld brush is waterproof and that way I actually remember to use it. I try to do it twice a day consistently to keep pores clear and vary the speed when I need some extra cleansing power.
2. Natura Bisse Diamond Gel Cream–great lightweight hydration and packs a huge anti-aging punch. Preserves skin tone and elasticity, and keeps skin glowy and moisturized throughout the day.
3. Natura Bisse AHA Cleansing Gel–for a fresh, squeaky clean. I have oily/combo skin so I need something with a lightweight exfoliant in a gel formulation to keep pores clear.
4. Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme Eye Cream–lightweight, but deeply hydrating and anti-aging eye cream with subtle light reflecting component. Great under makeup.
5. SkinCeuticals UV Defense SPF 50–lightweight cream to powder finish and a fabulous makeup primer, this sunscreen isn’t greasy and I know I’m doing right by my skin in protecting it every single day.
6. SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF–this broad range antioxidant fights free radicals and past sun damage, reducing the likelihood of abnormal cell formation linked to skin cancer and those pesky sun spots. Also preserves collagen and elasticity in the skin. This is an absolute MUST every morning.
7. Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment–my lips get dry easily, so I never go to bed without my favorite lip balm on. Fresh’s Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment keeps lips hydrated and protected. Since I also love to play with lip color at Houppette all day, it also gives my lips a much-needed break.
8. Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Rose–pretty, bright pink is the perfect swipe of color for spring and summer. It’s one of my faves and compliments many different makeup looks.
9. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst–long-wearing and easy to apply, Amethyst Caviar Stick is perfect for daily wear. I don’t like to have to touch up eye makeup throughout the day, and I know the caviar sticks will stay put from breakfast through dinnertime. They also make a great base for more dramatic looks if you’re going out with the girls after work.
10. Hourglass’ Hidden Corrective Concealer in Pearl–it completely covers and looks natural without getting cakey. Need I say more?
11. Laura Mercier Eye colors in cool, jewel tones compliment skin and eyes. I can get a natural or dramatic look from the colors in this custom palette of my favorite tones.
12. Laura Mercier Golden Bronze–this bronzer has just enough warmth and a subtle shimmer, and doesn’t look too faux on a lighter complexion.
13. Laura Mercier’s Loose Mineral Powder in Tender Rose–this is my foundation and one of my staples. Makes skin look perfect, and perfectly natural!
14. Laura Mercier Eye Basic in Flax–fabulous eye base that makes lids look flawless and preps them for eyeshadow application. Also helps eye makeup last all day.
15. Laura Mercier’s Secret Brightening Powder #1–sets undereye concealer and has subtle light reflecting quality. Keeps concealer in place all day.
16. Laura Mercier’s Cheek Colour in Lotus Pink–just enough color and a little pop of bright for the season. I love Lotus Pink paired with a bronzer.
17. Laura Mercier’s Finishing Brush–gives a perfect finish every time, the synthetic and sable bristles together make it easy to apply just the right amount of color every time.
18, Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara–my lashes need a little help, and the Faux Lash mascara gives just enough drama without clumping.
19. Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Ballet Pink–I wear this every single day on my lids, because it instantly brightens and compliments any look. Fabulous!
20. Laura Mercier’s Nail Lacquer in En Pointe–Fast-drying and hard-wearing, this nail lacquer instantly makes nails look fresh and finished, perfect for every occasion.
A couple of key products for me are the Diamond White SPF 50 from Natura Bisse and the under eye concealer from Hourglass. After cleansing and toning, I apply the Diamond White SPF 50. I love this product because, not only does it protect my face from UVA/UVB radiation, but it prevents, treats and diminishes spots. It also has self-adapting melanin-like pigments. Another favorite is the under eye concealer from Hourglass. It has great coverage and is super easy! You apply it right off the stick and then blend it in with the #8 large concealer brush. Enjoy!
1. Clarisonic pink for face and body
2. Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme
3. SkinCeuticals Simply Clean Cleanser
4. Natura Bisse Diamond White SPF 50
5. Marula Oil
6. Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme Eye
7. SkinCeuticals Antioxidant Lip repair
8. Kevyn Aucoin Dahliana Lip Gloss
9. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Sugar Frost
10. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Smoke
11. Laura Mercier Creme Eye Liner in Noir
12. Hourglass #8 Large Concealer Brush
13. Laura Mercier Creme Eyeliner in Canard
14. Laura Mercier Smudge Brush
15. Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Warm
16. Laura Mercier Buff Eye Basic
17. Laura Mercier Eye Pallette in (top) Plum Smoke, African Violet, Kir Royal and (bottom) Sandstone, Celestial, Deep Night.
18. Fresh Supernova Mascara
19. Kevyn Aucoin Tropical Nights Bronzer
20. Hourglass #7 Finishing Brush
21. Hourglass Veil in Light Beige
22. Kevyn Aucoin Pure Powder Glow in Myracle
Categorised in: beauty, color, fresh, hourglass, Kevyn Aucoin, laura mercier, lips, makeup, natura bisse, skin, skinceuticals
March 18, 2013
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that protects skin from the damaging rays of the sun, prevents collagen and elastin breakdown and helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C applied topically can improve the health and appearance of your skin!
Check out this great article on revitalizing your skin with Vitamin C.
Categorised in: clarisonic, natura bisse, skin, skin care, skinceuticals, sun protection